Warm Up this Winter with Heart Racing Mountain Films at the the Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour at the Library Jan. 9-14
Lethbridge’s favourite January edge-of-your seat festival is back for its 15th year as the Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour at The Lethbridge Public Library provides the chance to view some of the best mountain entertainment in the world. Tickets go on sale at 9:30 a.m. on December 5 at the Main Branch only.
Sheila Braund, Festival Organizer says “This year the community can expect to be entertained and inspired for 6 days through a rich schedule of mountain films featuring biking, hiking, climbing, surfing, running, nature and mountain culture plus a few amusing short films.”
Show stoppers include:
• Northbound (2016, Norway) – Best Mountain Film sponsored by North Face – four skateboarders head north above the Arctic Circle to the cold Norwegian coast to apply their urban riding skills to a canvas of beach flotsam, frozen sand and pastel skies- the result is a beautiful mashup of biting winds, ollies and one ephemeral mini-ramp.
• Shift (2016, Canada) – People’s Choice Award sponsored by Osprey – Near a sacred mountain in the Yukon an Indigenous community transforms into a world-class mountain biking destination through the work of young trail crews.
• Young Guns (2016, USA) – People’s Choice for Radical Reels sponsored by Oboz Footwear – meet Ashima Shiraishi and Kai Lightner who are pushed outside their comfort zones to learn some hard lessons.
• The Super Salmon (2016, USA) – Special Jury Mention –a hydroelectric mega dam and ‘super salmon’.
To watch a clip of some of the films that will be featured at this year’s Festival – visit www.lethlib.ca.
• Tickets are available only at the Library’s Main Branch, Customer Services. Tickets are not available online or by phone. Adults-$20/ticket or purchase 3 different programs for $50. Seniors-$15/ticket 65+ and Children 12 and under or purchase 3 different programs for $40. To get the special prices the tickets must be all Adult or all Seniors/Kids
• You can purchase tickets for any 3 nights-don’t have to be consecutive evenings
Don’t miss out – these tickets are great stocking stuffers for the holidays!