With the recent snowfall, the City of Lethbridge would like to provide the following reminders for residents:
- During a snowfall event, initial sanding, salting, and snow plowing efforts will focus on Priority 1 routes throughout the city. For details on Snow and Ice Control service levels, please visit: www.lethbridge.ca/living-here/getting-around/Streets-and-Roads/Pages/Snow-and-Ice-Control-Service-Levels.aspx
- Residents are reminded to help us keep neighbourhood roads safer by piling snow from driveways or sidewalks onto their property or onto boulevards, not on the road.
- If you have elderly neighbours, please be a snow angel and help shovel their sidewalk.
- Anyone who needs sand for a slippery sidewalk can get free sand at two locations: the corner of 4 Avenue N & 7 Street N or at the West Lethbridge Recycling Station at the top of Bridge Drive West. Remember to bring a bucket and a shovel.
- When it comes to snow removal on pathways and sidewalks, we also have a priority system. Details are available at: www.lethbridge.ca/Things-To-Do/Pathways-Trails/Pages/Pathway-Sidewalk-Snow-Removal.aspx
- Motorists are reminded to adjust their driving for winter road conditions: Slow down and drive with care; Maintain a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you; Stay a safe distance behind snow plows and sand trucks; Never pass a snow plow or sand truck.
More information on the City’s Snow and Ice Control program is available online at: www.lethbridge.ca/WinterRoads.