The Performing Arts Centre Advocacy Group is a group of civic minded individuals and community stakeholders that believe passionately in the vision of Lethbridge as a cultural leader in Alberta. They have launched the Next Stage initiative to build community support and turn the dream of a new Performing Arts Centre forward into a reality.
The Performing Arts Centre Advocacy Group launches an initiative for the construction of a new Performing Arts Centre in Lethbridge.
Southern Albertans can show support for a Performing Arts Centre by purchasing a membership in the “Next Stage” initiative. Their name will be added to a list of community supporters and they will receive e-newsletter updates on the project. As well as, receiving a button and/or window cling to visually demonstrate support. Money received from the Next Stage initiative will go into a dedicated Arts Re:Building fund to help move the project forward.
Here are some ways that community members can help make the dream come true:
- Join The Next Stage Initiative by purchasing a membership for $5. Available at the AAC office and Casa.
- Display support by wearing the Next Stage Pin or by displaying the Next Stage Window Cling.
- Write a letter, email or call your City Councillors. Tell them that the addition of a Performing Arts Centre is important to you and vital to our community.
- Speak to colleagues, business contacts, friends and family about the benefits of a New Performing Arts Centre and why it is vital to the community of Lethbridge.
- Use the hash tag #nextstageYQL on social media when you attend performing arts events in Southern Alberta.
- Be sure to connect with the Lethbridge Performing Arts Centre on Facebook!